I thought I would go into some detail on my previous post which featured the work of Monique Gibson.  The room was full of beautiful neutral monochromatic furniture and accessories.  

Boring for some I know.....and heaven for others [me] right?

A lot of you like that look but are not quite sure how to achieve it.  I have mentioned before that it is all about texture and  different shades of the same color.

I took one of the images and put together a board with the same look.


Starting with a modern sofa from Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams.

I love the neutrality of it without being cream or white.  The modern classic lines will always be in style.

This heather gray rug is from Restoration Hardware.  Again it is not a match to the sofa but just another layer in building this room.

I found this art from Atlanta artist Todd Murphy and it is very similar to the same one Monique used.  This create a major focal point in the room.

So here is what I came up with.

Let's look at all the different texture in the room!  There is very little pattern....pretty much just the poufs.

Sheer linen curtains with black iron hardware.
Fur throw [RH]
Different shades of solid wool pillows [RH]

Leather Chairs [West Elm] [which also pick up the same tones that are in the art work]

The poufs [West Elm]
Small metal table [Crate and Barrel]
Tall metal lamp [Wisteria]
A good mix of modern and found [the old chest] plus some added bling with the round brass mirror.  

The coffee table and round wood table are from Pottery Barn.
The horse is from RH.  

Of course good luck getting anything from RH....they are killing me with taking so long to get merchandise.

"Dear RH.....change something to make it easier for us to shop your store and actually receive the merchandise in a timely manner."

Just saying.

Just recently I started putting together a similar design plan for a client. 


It includes my new favorite wallpaper from Thibaut.


Do you love?  Seriously the background color with the gold....shut it down.

OK...we got a little off task here and it became about me.

I hope this was helpful if you are trying to achieve this look in your own home....or you can just hire me and I will do all of the work for you.

Alrighty then.....I have to get busy and start this day.

Sheriky Freaky












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top