So I went to a movie on Sunday.  Which is a big deal cause I have not been to one for about a year.

I saw Birdman.  It is not the movie to see if you are afraid of heights.  Like every scene was someone sitting on a ledge or about to jump off a ledge.  I spent the whole time looking everywhere but the screen.  

Don't get me wrong it was a good movie but even more the acting was ridiculous.  I can see why it is up for all of the awards....but it gave me angst.

Movies are not cheap anymore.  About 25.00 [movie and popcorn].  That is one reason my husband won't go with me.  I want my own bag and I don't share.  He doesn't understand that because it is more economical to get one large tub.

Nope.  His hands are like shovels and it becomes a race.  I can't take the pressure but more than that I find myself concentrating on getting my hand in the bucket than watching the movie.

#marriedpeopleproblems

So this is going to be my first fashion post.  No worries....this is still a design blog and always will be.  It's just that it took me a long time to define my style and quit buying things that hung in my closet so I thought I would share my wisdom with you.

Let's start with these....

J Brand Maria Photo Ready black jeans.  Hands down the best ever.  Yes...they are expensive but I wear them practically every day! [I have 2 pair].  They fit like a glove and do not fade.

I pretty much only wear these and regular jeans so that saves me a lot of money right there.

A white shirt is a staple for me....I have about a 100.  Nah.... but one whole section in my closet is all white.

I love Banana Republic no iron fitted shirts but they run small so I go up a size.
 
A pair of black ballet shoes.

I have these Cole Hann flats and they are so comfy.  I got them on sale and might buy another pair.

I am strictly a small cross body black purse kind of gal.  I like hands free.


I like this one from BR.  I never got into the large purse trend.

When I travel or need more space I use a bag like this also from BR.
I keep it basic.....

I love boots in the winter and I have both of these from Fry.  The tall ones are 5 years old and at the end of each season I take them to be shined up so they are ready for the next year!  Yes...they are pricy but I always wait for a 20% off sale.  Plus they will last.


I shop a lot at BR, J Crew and Madewell.  Here are a few great looks....




Surprise....all neutrals.





I recently purchased this scarf and shirt from BR.  You can always catch a "40% of everything in the store" sale....which I did!


The denim work shirt.....I might have about 10 of them....if my husband is reading....which he never does but you can bet [with my luck] somehow he will stumble across this post....I only have 2.

Goes great with white and black jeans.


Again more neutrals.  

I am sure it looks a bit boring to most of you but it saves me from standing in my closet....with that deer in the headlights kind of look.

It is a little like how I approach design....neutrals but then I can add some color and pattern with pillows.

Who knew.

Just to keep the design ball rolling .....this chair that I saw on Classic Casual Home slayed me.


Mommie.

Enjoy Tuesday.

Sherikyfreaky











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top