Before we get into colors and other design related news I need to discuss cars.

I just heard "crickets" but wait before you scroll down and zone out listen up for a sec.

I am not a car person nor is my husband really.  It is a depreciating asset [like the crap I buy at TJ Maxx isn't] and if I am going to spend 20-30,000 on something there are going to be words like marble, backsplash, and appliances associated with it.

My car is 10 years old [Ford Explorer] and I trash it up pretty good with all the hauling I do.  My husbands car is a 15 year old Ford Explorer.  Sad to say it is limping pretty badly right now and the cost to fix is about what it is worth.

Cue new car search.   This is where panic sets in.  
We can't even decide what to buy much less what we are supposed to pay.  New or used.  Sedan or SUV....yada yada.

Frozen.

But just for grins we started searching the internet on Sunday and hold the damn phone people.

They have heated steering wheels now......WHAT???  

Heated seats front and back although I would not pay extra for the back because you are on your own there.  

It's all about me.

It's a new car world out there and things have definitely changed in 10 years.

We were exhausted after the search and don't even mention test driving.  

Here is my theory on that.

Don't go searching for new cars or puppies because you will come home with one.

I will keep you updated on this third world dilemma.

When I was at the mart earlier this month I saw these awesome pillows. 

Now there is the Sherry we all know :)

Gray and coral.  
I was mesmerized by this combination.


These were all by Ryan Studio.



I did a quick search for some rooms with this combination.
Horchow
Cool chairs: check.

Lynn Morgan
This one might be my favorite!

The Tracery
Remember this from the Southern Living house in Senoia, Ga.

S.B. Long Interiors
Sick with desire over that velvet sofa.

I organized a few gray and coral items for you...


Pretty much everything is from Serena and Lily with a couple of things from Wisteria.  My attention level kept me from going further with the search.....but you get the drift.

Time to dig myself out from Tuesdays snow [lets not go there because you all saw it on the news]  and be productive.

Oh yeah....I almost forgot this!

Carmel from Our Fifth House asked me to write down some tips on mixing patterns which she featured on The Chic Site.  Hop over and take a read.....like you have all day to listen to me:)

Shacrazy

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top